March 31, 2011

...room by emma donoghue



I did something really fancy Friday night. I read this entire book. Well, most of it. See I was about 30 pages in earlier in the week and life got in the way of reading. So with honest intentions to come home from work and run and clean and cook and be social, I sat down on the couch and started reading. I couldn't stop. I have never read a book in an entire setting, but I literally couldn't put it down. 
I don't want to oversell it, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but a review on the book jacket by Audrey Niffenegger – she wrote the Time Traveler's Wife – said it better than I, "Emma Donoghue's writing is superb alchemy, changing innocence into horror and horror into tenderness. Room is a book to read in one sitting. When it's over you look up: the world looks the same but you are somehow different and that feeling lingers for days."
Starting the book I knew nothing about it, so that's how I want you to start it too. It's good to go in just expecting a good read, and figure out the story along the way. So go read it!


Buy the book here (it took me 2 months on the waitlist at the library to get it)
Image source: Booklover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...