April 26, 2011

...baking after (fake) giving up sugar for lent

So I did something ridiculous. I attempted (attempted might be too nice of a word) to give up sweets for Lent. I'm not Catholic or even a regular church attender, but I thought it would be a god challenge, and make me break my dessert after every meal and twice in the afternoon habit. I needed help. So I did really well for about a month. And then I broke down and ate some ice cream. And then I made myself these cookies by my favorite Joy the Baker. Downhill spiral from there. A weekend in NYC followed, and then Ben and Jerry's was on sale at the store (what can I say, I'm weak?). So in the next couple weeks I'm looking forward to baking some tasty things!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...