May 19, 2011

...Columbus, OH!

A couple weekends ago I visited my beautiful cousin, Jane in her adopted city of Columbus for the second time. Both times I have been pleasantly surprised by the foodie culture, amazingly nice people, and flat terrain (mostly I appreciate that one since I ran my first half marathon there!)

Jane and I after the finish! We got super cool massive medals that we definitely wore for the rest of the day/night.

The next morning, feeling fairly indulgent, Jane took me to a brunch place that now holds a special place in my heart. You see, it was at Katalina's that I first (I say first because I will have these many, many more times) tried Nutella stuffed pancakes. Yes. Let that marinate in your mind a little. I, the girl who eats Nutella by the spoonful, also known as the girl that grew up eating chocolate chip pancakes nearly every Saturday morning for the better part of my teens, ate Nutella stuffed pancakes. Best. Morning. Ever. 

I wish there was a picture of my face as I bit into one for the first time. 

Feeling completely satisfied, stuffed and fine if I never had another bite of anything ever because my life was now complete, we headed to Jeni's Ice Cream. Mostly I think Jane took me to shut me up since I had mentioned how badly I needed to go every hour starting the Monday before I even arrived. Every English teacher I've ever had would cringe at these sentences. My apologies. Back to Jeni's. Adventurous flavors, freaking adorable interior, I think this place was made for me. Or maybe I was made for Jeni's. Either way, so tasty. I had lavender meringue on top of brambleberry cobbler. Sneak a peak at Jeni's website so you can fully absorb the awesomeness of their flavors, and realize you have a new design crush. (Just noticed the similarity between our logo's...)

All in all, quite the successful weekend. Burned some calories, then ate them right back up. Such is my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...