February 20, 2012

...Whitney's Life Changers!

So excited for today's life changers! I met Whitney in college and we've fallen in love again through our shared obsession with Pinterest, so I knew she would have some fun stuff to share! 


I’m a make up junkie, and a fan of many different beauty products.  When Anne Carlyle asked me to participate in her “Life-Changers” I immediately compiled a list of my favorite products in my head.  I hope you love them as much as I do!  Of course there are a few other “Life-Changers” outside of make-up, so I’m excited to share them as well!

1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original: If you want a full day and night of creaseless eye make up, Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer is the way to go.  I can do my eye make up at 7 a.m. and be creaseless until I take it off at 10 p.m.  as a result of this product.  I swear by it and will never go without it! 

2. Urban Decay Naked & Naked2 Eye Palette: My favorite feature has always been my eyes, and it is in fact my favorite feature on others too! It’s so fun to play up your eyes a different way every day, and I find that the Naked & Naked2 Eye Palette is something that works for every woman! You can go from a great neutral day look, to a shimmering and smoldering night look just by layering colors from these amazing palettes.  I fell in love with the original Naked Palette over a year ago, and when they came out with Naked2 this January, I was first in line to have it! I just convinced my mom to buy it, too, and she loves it! 

3. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack: This product is a bit tricky.  It’s an amazing pod eyeliner, but the catch is you need to master an eyeliner brush.  However, with practice, I think it is a must have for every girl who wants their eyeliner to stay put.  I have had countless friends and coworkers ask me how my eyeliner stays put all day. I’ve been using MAC Fluidline for 5 years now and I will never use another eyeliner! It doesn’t smudge or rub off, it does just what you want it to do—it stays in place and makes your eyes pop! 

4. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer: I have tried many different primers, but this product is by far my favorite.  I put this on after I moisturize and before I put on my foundation and it sets my make up beautifully.  If you don’t have the smoothest skin and are looking for a product that will help create that illusion, this certainly fulfills those expectations!  It is also great because just a little (maybe the size of a dime) is enough for your whole face, so it goes a long, long way! 

5. The Clarisonic MIA: I’m a skin care junkie.  From years of having “bad skin,” it is something I’m really serious about.  I got this little gem for Christmas this past year and I love it!  I only use it once or twice a week to get off some dead sink, or when I have blemish, and it really helps to clear me up and make my skin feel brand new.  I would recommend the MIA to any person, with any skin type.  It really works wonders!

6. Essie Nail Polish in Turquoise & Caicos: Along with my addiction to make up, my nail polish collection has grown to a staggering 90 bottles (don’t tell my mom).   I love all different types of polishes, but I have really grown to love Essie Nail Polish.  The size of the brush is fantastic for accuracy and the colors go on smoothly.  Since I’m looking forward to the spring, I thought I’d introduce one of my favorite colors, Turquoise & Caicos! It’s fun, fresh and flirty! What could be better?

7. Anthropologie Rain-Dotted Anorak: I have been on a search for an cute rain jacket for months.  I wanted something that had a hood and wasn’t super masculine.  When I came across this amazing jacket from Anthropologie, I knew I had to have it.  It combines two of my favorite things—chic navy blue, and polka dots! It runs a little large so beware of that, but it has an adjustable waistband as well.  It’s super feminine and I can wear a sweater underneath it now, and it will be perfect for spring!

8. Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Huge Hillier Hobo in Black: I had been saving to buy this bag for months last spring, when my mom took me to Bloomingdales and told me she was buying it for me!  I am embarrassed to say I did indeed cry in the Bloomingdale’s handbag department (I was extremely overwhelmed by her generosity).  But did I mention how much I love this bag? I have had this bag for almost a year now and it looks brand new.  The quality of the leather is top of the line and it fits everything I could possibly want in it!  It also has a classic shape that seems to match every outfit! I am a true believer that every girl should have Marc, no matter how big or small!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...