August 3, 2012

...my 4 days in Cali



I flew into San Francisco Thursday around lunch and basically went straight to In & Out Burger and I must say, Five Guys and Shake Shack are better! So that was accomplished. When I go to a new city, I love trying not to get caught up in "we have to do this, we have to do that," and just seeing where exploring takes me. We basically just walked the touristy Warf area and Ferry Building, stopped to try some chocolate at Tcho (more on that next week), spotted Alcatraz from afar and walked down every pier we saw.






We ate a yummy dinner around the corner from our awesome hotel (Hotel Des Artes, highly recommend) and crashed early since I had been up for about 21 hours. Woot. The next morning, after a quick run down to the water, we headed to Healdsburg in Sonoma for a wedding. We only had time for one vineyard (apart from the gorgeous venue of the wedding!) so we headed to Hop Kiln and got our wine taste on.



Sunday was my favorite. we drove back into SF and Casey and I just walked all over Hayes Valley and the Mission. It felt very untouristy. We literally stumbled into this AWESOME hole in the wall restaurant where we got brunch (chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate cayenne bacon and nutella maple syrup). I love when you feel like you discovered something only locals know about! We bopped around and continued to eat; ice cream at Smitten, a plate of meat a cheese somewhere in the Mission, and finally made our way to Ghiradelli Square and the Golden Gate bridge.







Hope you enjoyed my little babies!

2 comments:

  1. Casey's sunglasses in that first picture are simply....spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove San Fran! Cute photos! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...