November 27, 2012

...Giving Tuesday



Black Friday and Cyber Monday have both stressed me out and I avoided most shopping this weekend (especially the crowds). But this year, Tuesday has been assigned a monicker and I think I can get behind it! Giving Tuesday - to kickstart the holiday giving season and - in theory - give back with the money you just saved in all the crazy sales!

Recently, I've been trying to be better about donating some money when I find something I'm passionate about. I read this article about service dogs helping war veterans recover and was so moved I donated some money right then.

Glamour does a feature about 31 Days of Giving in their magazine and I was thinking about hanging the article up at my desk and trying to donate a small sum to a couple charities a week. Here's the link to the online article: Glamour's 31 Day's of Giving

And finally - Giving Tuesday's official site - check it out and find something you're passionate about. Seriously, $5 isn't too little!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for dedicating a whole post to this - I need to get my act together on the donations front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use this seven-day plan to make sure that every day leading up to the global day of giving reminds your audience of the campaign and brings new potential supporters to your cause

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...