March 19, 2013

...Brittany's Lifechangers

Good morning little bunnies! Life changers are back! Today I have Brittany from her adorable blog Btypes, where she chats about life's general musings and shares recipes and running advice, so check it out!  

1. Since itty bitty clutches are all the rage, my overstuffed wallet wasn't fitting in my new minibag. For a while I would have to toss my keys, cell phone, ID, and credit card free floating in the purse- pretty much begging someone to steal my identity and order massive shipments of iPod Nanos from Hong Kong. Since I discovered this consolidating case, I have had this one by Kate Spade for the iPhone 4s, and this one for the iPhone 5 (which was $9 dollars off Amazon.) For someone who is admittedly scatterbrained and has a tendency to misplace their things, this case keeps everything that is important right by my phone, which is the one thing that never leaves my side. 

2. Unite Expanda Dust Dry Shampoo - Showering is for punks. Let's be real, I don't have time to brush, blow dry, and style my weave every single day. One day I will be like Kim Kardashian and have a team of make-up artists and plastic surgeons that keep me looking fresh, but until then this dry shampoo is a life saver. After reading this tip, I put it in before bed and wake up voluminous and shine free. This brand in particular has a little grit to it, and helps perk your hair up right at the root!


3. Lululemon Crops - These are the best running pants for my crazy running addiction. They make your legs/butt look amaze, they keep everything in, and even have odor blocking fabric. Additionally, I have this thing with my friends called "the yoga pants challenge" where we try to see how often you can incorporate yoga pants into your outfit...for as long as possible. I have become an artist at this sport and know first hand that they blend well with flats and an oxford or paired with a leather jacket boots... I will be comfy at all costs.


4. The Skinny Confidential Spotify Playlist(s)! - Alright, let me preface by saying I do not normally listen to this kind of music, I am not taking ecstasy up-in-da-club raging to House music, but or some reason I find myself looking forward to these playlists everyday since they immediately pump me up. Even though the tunes are a little "unce unce unce," it makes me run faster and work harder. After discovering these mixes my workouts feel like I am an elite LA workout studio, try it out!

5. Poach Pods - As someone who loves to cook, these cute little pods have helped me make very impressive and delicious meals without having to exert any real effort. Poached eggs are delicious for breakfast, amazing on salad, and exceptional in Ramen. Try these pods out, and one-up Martha Stewart.


6. Spanx Reverse Tight End Reversible Tights - Again, I am all about utility. These tights are without a doubt the best ones I have ever tried. They never run, they hold shape fantastically, and since they are reversible, you don't need to worry about having brown or black tights when getting ready or traveling.



7. Bond #9 New York Oud - I honestly feel like this fragrance is more of a feeling than anything else, no matter what I am wearing it makes me feel rich, chic, and mysterious. "Notes of: Red plum, saffron, orange zest, oud, red rose, orris, patchouli, musk, honey, vetiver" I have never loved a perfume more than this one! 



8. Jcrew Downtown Field Jacket - I wear this more than I should probably admit. I pair it with anything from active wear, jeans, or even relaxed business wear, it is versatile and really keeps the wind off. Whenever I put it on it seems to just tie everything together in an effortless way.


9. Michael Kors Gold Watch - It is very rare to see me without a menswear inspired standard gold Michael Kors Watch. I got one at the outlet a million years ago for le cheap, and I wear it virtually everyday. True confession: I haven't even changed the battery in over a year, so it doesn't even tell time, but it does what it was born to do-complete Bty's outfits.

10. Lipstick! I have become a lipstick evangelist. I really believe it is the new blush. If I am in a rush and have to decide what to put on my face so I don't look like a haggard degenerate, lipstick is my new go-to quick fix. It immediately brightens your face and makes even the plainest of ensembles look fashion forward. Yves Saint Laurent-Rouge Pur Coture is the perfect classic red & Estee Lauder Plum Fatale is my favorite dark hue for when I am feeling edgy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...